These leftover turkey enchiladas are a great way to enjoy turkey in a spicy, cheesy and low carb recipe. It’s a fun, simple and delicious way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey with a spicy taste!
This is a very easy recipe and a great after the holiday dish when you have been cooking for days, and need a rest from the kitchen.
You can use store bought enchilada sauce for a quick recipe but check the label for added sugars. Or you could use a homemade low carb sauce.
Low Carb Tortillas
There are many store bought low carb tortillas available now, or you could use a homemade recipe. We have a few recipes for low carb and gluten-free tortillas you may want to try.
Enchilada Recipe Ingredients
If you have the enchilada sauce and tortillas ready to hand, this is a quick recipe to use leftover turkey with minimal fuss.
- Cheese - we used Cheddar cheese, but you could use a mix of Monterey Jack cheeses or Mexican cheeses.
- Turkey - leftover chicken can be substituted.
- Enchilada sauce - we use our homemade keto enchilada sauce.
- Keto Tortillas - store bought or homemade keto tortillas
How to Make Leftover Turkey Enchiladas
We mix the filling, roll, add sauce and bake! An easy and healthy dish for the holidays!
Combine leftover turkey with cheeses, sauce and jalapenos
Spread the turkey mixture over low carb tortillas and roll up
Layer the filled tortillas in a casserole dish and pour sauce over.
Cover with cheese and bake
The enchilada sauce could be swapped with a green enchilada sauce.
Omit the low carb tortillas and spoon the filling mixture into the baking dish. Bake as a keto enchilada casserole instead.
If you want more vegetables in your enchiladas, fry up sliced bell peppers and onions to add to the filling mixture.
Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep them in an air tight container.
Reheat the turkey enchiladas in the oven until they are heated through. You might want to cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent the dish becoming too dry.
What to Serve with Keto Turkey Enchiladas
This is hearty dish by itself but you could serve this with some sour cream on the side, a bowl of guacamole or a green salad.
Other low carb side dishes that go well with this dish are:
Yes you can, but you will need to cook the ground turkey before assembling the filling.
This recipe can use left over roast chicken or even rotisserie chicken in place of the turkey.
More Low Carb Leftover Turkey Recipes
Your leftover holiday turkey can be made into a few other low carb recipes.
Keto Leftover Turkey Enchiladas
- 2 cups leftover turkey shredded or chopped
- 2 jalapenos seeds removed and chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese grated
- 3 cups enchilada sauce homemade or store bought
- 5 low carb tortillas homemade or store bought
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Spread ½ cup of enchilada sauce on the base of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add the shredded turkey, chopped jalapenos, cream cheese, 1 cup of the enchilada sauce and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the low carb tortillas and roll up.
- Place the filled tortillas on top of the sauce lined dish, side by side.
- Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top of the tortillas.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.