An easy low carb tortilla wrap that is versatile as it is healthy.
This low carb tortilla dough recipe makes great tortillas, nachos or even breadsticks. It's now my favourite sandwich wrap recipe and makes a regular appearance at our dining table. The beauty of this recipe is that it is very flexible and you can roll the wraps up with no cracking. I've also used it for an enchillada dish..just yummy.
You will need to roll the low carb tortilla wraps out thin in between two sheets of parchment paper as the mixture can be delicate to handle. I sometimes cook mine dry in the frying pan but you can add oils if you wish. Other flavours and spices work too. Curry powder is particuarly nice but go crazy and get inventive!
Low Carb Tortilla Wraps
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Gradually add the water and work the mixture into a dough.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and roll the dough in between two layers of parchment paper. Roll it as thin as you can.
- Use a 20 cm / 8 inch lid or bowl to cut out the wrap.
- Repeat until you have used all the mixture and have a pile of tortillas.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and place the tortilla in. You can add oil or butter at this point if you wish. (try both ways to see what works best for you).
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes