Avocado is used in place of mayonnaise in this coleslaw recipe. It’s creamy, tangy and just delicious.
You could spice this up a bit by added a couple of chopped jalapeno peppers too! The beauty of any coleslaw is that it is just so easy to make too! Shred a cabbage, add some flavours and a creamy sauce…voila! I also find that this tastes better after a few hours in the fridge for the flavours to develop.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 head white cabbage thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime - juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the avocado, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, mustard, oil and seasonings into a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- In a bowl, add the cabbage and spring onions.
- Pour the avocado mixture over the cabbage and mix thoroughly. Add the coriander and gently stir.
- Eat and enjoy!