Avocado is used in place of mayonnaise in this coleslaw recipe. It’s creamy, tangy and just delicious. A great sugar-free, low carb, keto side dish that is perfect for the summer.
You could spice this up a bit by added a couple of chopped jalapeno peppers too! The beauty of any coleslaw is that it is just so easy to make too! Shred a cabbage, add some flavours and a creamy sauce…voila! I also find that this tastes better after a few hours in the fridge for the flavours to develop.
Mayo Free Coleslaw
The avocado dressing in this coleslaw recipe gives a creamy dressing that you won’t miss the mayonnaise. It makes a great dairy free recipe that you can bring to a cookout, picnic or BBQ. As it’s dairy free you don’t have the worry of the mayonnaise “spoiling” in the heat.
I’ve kept this coleslaw recipe very simple with just white cabbage and green onions. You could add red cabbage and a teeny tiny bit of grated carrot for a more colourful dish.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES TO ENJOY
Avocado & Lime Coleslaw
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 head white cabbage thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime – juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the avocado, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, mustard, oil and seasonings into a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- In a bowl, add the cabbage and spring onions.
- Pour the avocado mixture over the cabbage and mix thoroughly. Add the coriander and gently stir.
- Eat and enjoy!