This low carb quesadillas are an easy way to use up your leftover turkey. Using low carb tortillas, these quesadillas are filled with turkey, brie and cranberry.
We made this with holiday leftovers and just had to make the low carb tortillas which don't take too long. The brie cheese is deliciously gooey when heated and goes well with the cranberry sauce and roasted turkey.
How many carbs in quesadilla
Traditionally a quesadilla is made with a corn tortilla and a whole quesadilla can be 40g net carbs. The filling and the tortilla used makes a huge difference. Our turkey quesadilla recipe is just 7g net carbs for the whole quesadilla.
If you use a store bought low carb tortilla, check the label first. The nutritional values will vary between brands.
How to make leftover turkey quesadillas
In this easy recipe we have used our low carb almond flour tortilla recipe. We also tried our coconut psyllium flatbread but that was a bit too soft. The tortillas need to be fairly firm to hold the fillings and to flip over.
For the cranberry layer, we used our cranberry chia jam but a low carb cranberry sauce works just as well.
Thinly slice your leftover turkey so it sits well as a filling. Otherwise when you flip the tortilla over during cooking the filling may fall out!
Sliced turkey from the deli works just as well if you don't have any leftover turkey.
If you don't have Brie, try another cheese. Camembert is another tasty soft cheese or try grated Cheddar or Gruyere.
Add other leftover turkey dinner food to the quesadillas. A touch of stuffing would be a nice savoury flavour.
More low carb leftover turkey recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Turkey Brie Cranberry Quesadillas
- 4 low carb tortillas we used our almond flour tortilla recipe
- 1 cup shredded turkey
- 4 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 oz Brie
- For each quesadilla spread half the cranberry sauce on a low carb tortilla.
- Place half of the chopped turkey on top of the sauce and then cover with slices of brie.
- Place the tortilla in a large non stick pan and cover with another low carb tortilla.
- Cook over medium heat, carefully turning once, until lightly browned on both sides and cheese begins to melt.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 4 wedges. Serve warm.
Leave a Reply