A turkey brie cranberry chaffle sandwich is a great way to enjoy your left-over turkey whilst keeping to your low carb diet. The chaffle makes a great low carb bread replacement and is gluten free too.
The beauty of this low carb sandwich is that it can be quickly made with the leftovers from the holidays and the chaffle takes minutes to make. You could always make a batch of chaffles ahead and keep them in the freezer for sandwich emergencies!
If you are missing your traditional turkey sandwich after the holidays, don’t despair, the chaffle turkey sandwich is here! Using a chaffle in place of the bread will give you the hearty sandwich you are looking for. It holds the filling well without dropping, so stack up that leftover turkey! It’s sandwich time!
For this chaffle sandwich I have put together the classic trio of turkey, brie and cranberry. The cranberry is my cranberry chia jam but you can use any sugar free cranberry sauce. The brie can be replaced with camembert, Havarti, gouda, fontina or white cheddar.
What is a Chaffle?
A chaffle is a keto recipe of egg and grated cheese cooked in a waffle maker. I like to add almond or coconut flour to mine for a firmer texture which you need if you are using a chaffle as a slice of bread for sandwiches. Or even a pizza base.
Can You Freeze a Chaffle?
Yes, you can freeze chaffles. I make a batch, place them in a freezer bag with parchment paper between each one to stop them sticking (rather like frozen burgers). To defrost you can pop them in the microwave, or leave them out at room temperature. For me, room temperature defrosts by the time I’ve applied a second coat of lipstick!
Turkey Brie Cranberry Chaffle Sandwich Tips
- Lightly spray the waffle maker before heating it to ensure that the chaffle does not stick. It will be messy otherwise and not fun to clean either.
- Preheat your waffle maker before spooning in the chaffle mixture.
- Once you have assembled your sandwich, pop it into the waffle maker to heat up the brie. Or pop it into the microwave for oozing brie.
- A dollop of Dijon mustard would be delicious, but is optional.
- Deli Turkey can be used in place of left over turkey.
- Slather the chaffle slices with low carb mayonnaise is an option before assembling the sandwich.
- My chia cranberry jam recipe: https://divaliciousrecipes.com/cranberry-chia-jam/
What To Serve With a Chaffle Sandwich
Other Chaffle Recipes To Enjoy
Turkey Brie Cranberry Chaffle Sandwich
- 1/2 cup mozzarella grated
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 Turkey slices
- 3 Brie slices
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry chia jam
- Turn on your waffle maker and lightly grease it (I give it a light spray with olive oil)
- In a bowl, add the egg, mozzarella and almond flour. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into your waffle maker (mine is a square double waffle and this mixture covers both waffle sections. If you are using a smaller waffle maker spoon half the mixture in at a time).
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes until golden and firm.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked waffles and place aside.
- Place one chaffle on a chopping board and layer the turkey, brie and cranberry. Assemble the layers to your own choice. We like the cranberry last, but others may prefer it in between the brie and the turkey.
- Place the other chaffle on top and cut in half.
- If you want the sandwich warm either heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds or place it back in the waffle maker.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.