Marry Me Chicken is an easy keto creamy chicken dish that can be ready in 30 minutes. Chicken breasts are cooked in a creamy sun-dried tomato and parmesan sauce, lightly seasoned with herbs.
This went straight into the list of easy and delicious chicken recipes. I loved how easy it was to make, the Chief Taster loved the taste. The ingredients are simple, it's made with minimal effort and was devoured in minutes. What's not to love? If you are looking for an easy recipe like this for your crock pot, try this tasty Crock Pot Crack Chicken.
Keto Marry Me Chicken only has 4g net carbohydrates per serving too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
WHAT IS MARRY ME CHICKEN?
This recipe sounds like it belongs on a Valentine's Day themed menu but it gets its name from how the ingredients all "marry" together. Whether or not there have been instant marriage proposals on the serving of this dish is still to be proven!
The Chief Taster opinion on this recipe is that although it's a great chicken dish that is now on the repeat list, it may not have invoked a proposal from him when we were dating. My apple crumble I baked him as his first dessert is another thing though!
The ingredients to Marry Me Chicken are very similar to Tuscan chicken and they are both easy, creamy chicken dishes in a sundried tomato cream sauce. Both are ideal for special occasions as well as family-friendly dishes.
The ingredients for this easy chicken dish are simple but you can change them to your own version. I added spinach to this version of Marry Me Chicken for an extra vegetable boost but this can be omitted. Try this with sliced mushrooms too.
- Chicken breasts - We use boneless and skinless breasts. You could use boneless skinless chicken thighs too.
- Red Pepper Flakes - Give the dish a slight kick in flavor without being overpowering. Its entirely optional but we liked it.
- SunDried Tomatoes - Use rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes rather than those in a jar of oil. You need plump and juicy tomatoes for this recipe. I have used the tomatoes in a jar and the result was not as good but still enjoyable.
- Stock - Chicken broth or even vegetable stock can be used, but you could add some of the water from rehydrating the sun-dried tomatoes for a deeper sauce colour and flavor. I've tried it with and without and the Chief Taster liked both versions.
- Butter - We used butter for a creamier and richer sauce but this works great with olive oil instead too.
HOW TO MAKE MARRY ME CHICKEN
This is such an easy keto chicken recipe to make, you will be quickly adding this to your weekly meal plans!
We used a large oven-safe skillet for this recipe but any oven proof pan can be used.
Cook garlic in butter.
Add seasoned chicken breasts/
Add the sauce ingredients, then the tomatoes and spinach (spinach is optional)
Add the chicken breasts, spoon the sauce over and bake for 15-20 minutes
KETO MARRY ME CHICKEN TIPS
- Flatten the chicken breasts or use chicken cutlets for an even and quick cook.
- The chicken breasts could be coated in a low carb flour such as almond flour or oat fiber before searing.
- The cream for the sauce should be made with heavy cream. Single cream will not give the sauce the same consistency.
- A splash or two of white wine could be used when cooking the garlic, before adding the stock.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano should be used for maximum flavor.
WHAT TO SERVE MARRY ME CHICKEN WITH
This marry me chicken recipe is a dish great by itself. Chicken in a creamy sauce. What more could you want! For a heartier meal, I like to serve this with low carb pasta or low carb noodles, such as zucchini noodles.
Any leftovers can be enjoyed the next day but the chicken should be kept in the fridge in an airtight container. To reheat, you can reheat in the oven or in a microwave.
This dish does not freeze well because of the heavy cream sauce which may split when defrosted and reheated.
MORE EASY LOW CARB CHICKEN RECIPES
As the Chief Taster is a huge chicken fan, we have many keto and low carb chicken recipes to try. Here are a few you might like.
- Keto Chicken Piccata
- Keto Lemon Chicken
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Rollatini
- Thai Grilled Chicken
- Keto Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe
- Keto Moroccan Chicken
Marry Me Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- ⅓ cup butter or 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves optional
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- ½ cup Parmesan fresh & grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper.
- Heat half the butter in a large skillet on a medium heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and cook the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, cream and herbs and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan and spinach.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and spoon the sauce over them.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.