This keto roasted broccoli dish with garlic and Parmesan cheese is delicious as a side dish or even just by itself. Ready in under 30 minutes this is a quick and easy low carb side dish.
Roasting broccoli is a great way to enjoy this low carb vegetable. It really does bring out the flavour and gives it a tasty crispiness. Add garlic seasoning and Parmesan cheese for extra taste. This recipe could convert a broccoli hater!
How to make keto roasted broccoli
Roasting vegetables is easy and it's the seasoning that makes the dish. For this recipe I try to cut the broccoli into slices for an even roast. Cutting them into florets is fine.
The ingredients used
- Broccoli - Choose a ripe, firm green head of broccoli.
- Olive oil - Extra virgin olive oil is preferable. Coconut or avocado oil are also a good choice.
- Lemon - Lemon juice and rind give the dish a lift.
- Garlic - Don't be shy with the garlic as it gives this dish so much flavour.
- Parmesan cheese - If you are vegetarian, use vegetarian Parmesan. Add Cheddar cheese to the recipe for an extra cheesy dish.
- Onion powder - This is optional but I like to use this in roasted vegetables.
Did you notice my own branded plates in the photos? We don't have a huge range of plate choice for sale in Saint Lucia, but I was lucky enough to find an artisan potter in Saint Lucia to make them for me. I need to order some more!
Flavour Ideas for Roasted Broccoli
Garlic and Parmesan cheese are a popular flavour combination for keto roasted broccoli, but try these other seasoning ideas.
- Red chilli flakes - This can also be used a an addition to this recipe.
- Ranch seasoning - Ranch seasoning goes with everything!
- Pesto - A great taste of summer. Basil goes well with broccoli.
- Balsamic Vinegar - Toss the broccoli in balsamic vinegar before roasting and drizzle some over once it's cooked.
I would not recommend using frozen broccoli florets for roasting. Keep them for casseroles!
Any leftovers can be reheated for about 5 minutes in the oven at 180C/350F degrees. Or a couple of minutes in the microwave.
More low carb side dishes
Roasted Cheesy Green Beans
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
This recipe was originally published in September 2016. The photos and content have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Garlic Parmesan Keto Roasted Broccoli
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 lemon juice & rind
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Slice the broccoli into florets.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, onion power, salt, pepper, lemon juice and rind.
- Add the broccoli florets and toss to coat.
- Place the broccoli florets on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes.
- Take the broccoli out of the oven and sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over the florets then place back in the oven to bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!