A tasty grilled chicken breast marinated with Thai flavours. This easy chicken recipe can be made ahead and cooked on the BBQ or grill.
The marinade for this grilled chicken recipe is simply coconut cream, chilli, ginger and garlic. Add lime and coriander (cilantro to some of you) and you are good to go! I use this marinade on my mushrooms and tofu skewers for a vegetarian option too.
This Thai grilled chicken recipe is one of my very early recipes and goes as far back as when the Chief Taster and I were first dating. It used to be a firm favourite with our friends too and I once used it as a bribe for a friend to paint our hallway for us. I like to offer food as bribes at times. Chicken and cheesecake always works!
Although I used boneless chicken breasts for this grilled chicken recipe you could happily use this marinade on chicken thighs or drumsticks. Just ensure that you score the chicken so that the marinade works its magic.
Other Chicken Recipes To Try
Thai Grilled Chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless
- 400 ml coconut cream tinned
- 4 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 3 green chillies chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, fresh peeled & chopped
- 2 limes zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon erythritol
- ½ cup coriander fresh
- Place the coconut cream in a blender with all the other ingredients (except the chicken) and blend the mixture for a few seconds until well mixed.
- Make 3 diagonal cuts across the chicken breasts, arrange in a dish and pour over the coconut marinade. Cover and marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium setting. Arrange the chicken, skin side down in a grill pan and spread over some of the marinade.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting. Allow slightly longer to cook the skin side of the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, gently heat the remaining marinade in a saucepan. Do not boil as it may start to separate.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.