Cajun Chicken Alfredo is a tantalizing and indulgent dish that marries the creamy elegance of Alfredo sauce with the robust and spicy flavors of Cajun cuisine. This dish is a perfect example of fusion cooking, combining Italian and Louisiana influences to create a harmonious and mouthwatering low carb and gluten-free meal.
If you already have our Cajun alfredo sauce to hand, this is a quick and easy low carb chicken dish for dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
With just a few simple ingredients and our homemade Cajun sauce you have a quick and easy meal.
- Chicken breasts - we used skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- Low carb noodles - use your favorite brand or try zucchini noodles.
- Cajun sauce - our Cajun Alfredo sauce.
- Parmesan cheese - Opt for freshly grated Parmesan cheese rather than pre-packaged, pre-grated cheese. It has a more intense flavor and melts better, enhancing the creaminess of the Alfredo sauce.
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Cajun Chicken Alfredo
This is an easy dish made in a skillet under 30 minutes.
Season the chicken breasts
Cook in a skillet.
Remove the chicken, add Cajun sauce and noodles to the skillet.
Slice the chicken, add to the skillet and scatter with Parmesan cheese.
Any leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and will last up to 3 days. Reheat gently on the stove until the chicken is warmed through.
- The level of spiciness in your dish depends on the amount of Cajun seasoning you use. Start with a moderate amount and taste as you go. You can always add more seasoning if you want it spicier, but it's challenging to reduce the spiciness once it's too hot.
- Ensure that you cook the chicken to the right temperature, which is 165°F (74°C). Overcooking can make it dry, so use a meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature.
- Allow the cooked chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing it. This helps the juices redistribute, keeping the meat tender and flavorful.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Place the chicken breasts in between two layers of plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Season the chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the seasoned chicken breasts and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through and have a nice Cajun crust. Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into strips or cubes.
- In the same skillet, add the noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Cajun Alfredo sauce to the noodles and cook for 3 minutes for it to thicken.
- Return the sliced or cubed Cajun chicken to the skillet and heat through for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir the grated Parmesan cheese in.
- Serve warm, with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.