Keto Creamy Lemon Chicken is so tender, juicy and full of flavor. Tender chicken breast is cooked to perfection in a creamy lemon sauce that is bursting with flavor. This low carb and gluten-free dinner is a real winner that you'll want to add to your collection of easy chicken recipes.
If you're looking for a keto friendly recipe cooked in under 30 minutes for 2, that brings a tangy and creamy flavor to your table this keto creamy lemon chicken recipe is it.
This lemon chicken recipe is thoroughly Chief Taster approved and is just as quick to make as his other favorite chicken dish, Marry Me Chicken. These two chicken dishes are now firmly on his requests for dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
With a few simple ingredients this keto chicken recipe is easy to make.
- Chicken - we used boneless skinless chicken breast but you could use this dish with chicken thighs.
- Cream - heavy cream.
- Lemon - use unwaxed lemons.
- Oregano - This could be replaced with thyme or basil.
HOW TO MAKE KETO LEMON CHICKEN
Quick and easy, we make this creamy lemon chicken in a skillet. A frying pan could be used too.
Sear seasoned chicken breasts
Saute garlic in butter
Cook chicken breasts in sauce
Serve with fresh parsley or basil
Although this is best served fresh, any leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an air tight container and should last up to 2 days. I've given leftovers to the Chief Taster for his lunch the next day and there were no complaints about flavor or freshness of chicken.
RECIPE TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
- The chicken breasts should be flatten for quick and even cooking. Chicken cutlets can be used.
- If you wish for a dairy free chicken recipe, omit the cream. The lemon flavor may be more intense without the cream. For a thicker sauce use a small amount of xanthan gum.
- Add fresh basil for a lemon and basil flavor. This is a great summer flavor.
OTHER LOW CARB CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY
As chicken is a favorite of the Chief Taster, we have plenty of keto chicken recipes for you to try. A few favorites are:
Keto Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts skinless & boneless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup cream heavy or whipping
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Place the chicken breasts in between two layers of clingfilm and flatten with a rolling pin. Or you could slice the chicken breasts in half.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and oregano on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on a medium heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the butter and garlic to the pan can cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer for 2 minutes for the sauce to thicken.
- Add the cream, lemon zest and juice and stir through.
- Return the chicken breasts to the pan, spoon over the sauce and cook for 4 to 7 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley or basil.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.