This moist and flavorful salmon with coconut and lime is fast and easy to prepare. It's healthier than fried fish, too! Keto and gluten free, it's a great family dish for midweek.
In 15 minutes this keto salmon dish is ready to eat. It's an easy recipe with poached salmon in coconut lime sauce, served with fresh basil and lime slices.
This is a simple keto salmon recipe with just a few ingredients that you may already have to hand.
How to make low carb coconut lime salmon
- Season the salmon fillets.
- Sear the salmon in the skillet.
- Remove the salmon fillets, then saute the garlic and ginger.
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice, rind and ground coriander.
- Return the salmon fillets to the skillet and poach.
- Serve with lime slices and chopped basil.
Baked Coconut Lime Salmon
This salmon recipe can also be made in the oven. Place the seasoned salmon fillets in a greased baking dish. Mix the coconut milk with the seasonings, then pour over the salmon and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 220C/425F degrees.
Try this with crushed lemon grass or fresh cilantro for additional flavours.
The salmon fillets can be cooked with either the skin on or off. If you are cooking them with skin, place the fillets skin down.
What to serve with coconut lime salmon
This is a great dish served with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles but try these other low carb sides:
More keto salmon dishes to make
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Coconut Lime Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 14 oz coconut milk, tinned
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 lime slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Season the salmon fillets with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet on a medium heat. Sear the salmon fillets for 2 to 3 minutes each side. Remove the salmon from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes until golden.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan with the ground coriander, lime juice and zest. Stir well.
- Add the salmon fillets and simmer for about 5 minutes until the salmon is tender and flaky.
- Serve with lime slices and scatter fresh chopped basil on top
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.