Warm spices make this Moroccan salmon dish a delicious meal. Quick, easy and full of flavour, this low carb dish is great served with a side of cauliflower couscous.
The nicest thing for me is the smell in the kitchen of the cooked spices. No fish scents either which is always a bonus for me!
How to make keto Moroccan Salmon
I have used this spice combination for chicken, so thought I would use them with salmon too. The salmon is smothered with spicy onions and tomatoes and baked.
The spice mix is a simple combination of:
- Turmeric (for a golden yellow colour too)
- All Spice
- Salt & Pepper
This salmon dish can be reheated. Cover the dish with foil and reheat in the oven at 320F degrees for 15 minutes.
I used skinless salmon fillets but if you want salmon with the skin on, flash fry the fillets skin down for extra crispiness.
Serve with low carb pita bread to dip into the spicy sauce.
More low carb salmon recipes to try
Salmon is a great low carb food. Have you tried any of these other recipes yet?
Blackened Salmon (A VERY popular recipe!)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
This recipe was originally posted on 15 June, 2013. I've tweaked the recipe and taken better photos.
- 4 salmon fillets
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric ground
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- Mix the spices in a small bowl.
- Brush the salmon fillets on each side with butter and sprinkle the spice mixture on each side of the fillet.
- Cook the salmon, butter side down, in large pan for 2-5 minutes on a high heat until it is blackened. Turn and cook the other side for 2-5 minutes the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with cauliflower couscous/rice or a salad.
[…] Moroccan Salmon […]