A warming combination of flavours that I have used with chicken so thought I would apply them to Salmon too. The Chief Taster enjoyed this too! The salmon is smothered with spicy onions and tomatoes and baked. Simple to make too!
The nicest thing for me is the smell in the kitchen of the cooked spices. No fish scents either which is always a bonus for me!
4 salmon fillets
2 tsp olive oil
2 cups onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
3⁄4 tspn ground cumin
3⁄4 tspn turmeric
3⁄4 tspn salt
1⁄8 tspn ground cinnamon
3 plum tomatoes, cut in thin wedges
1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 210C/425F degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, cumin, tumeric, salt and cinnamon. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bayleaf nd tomatoes, cover and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and top with the onion mixture. Cover with silver foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the bayleaf.
- Eat and enjoy!