An easy salmon and broccoli bake for one is full of flavor and ready in 30 minutes. Chunks of salmon and broccoli florets are baked in seasoned cream for a low carb and gluten free comfort dish.
Perfect for busy weeknights, this salmon dish was an instant hit with the Chief Taster. I liked that it was quick to make with minimal fuss too!
A salmon and broccoli bake is a delicious and nutritious dish that combines the rich and savory flavors of salmon with the fresh and slightly bitter taste of broccoli. The salmon flavor is enhanced with lemon, garlic and parsley, while the broccoli adds a slightly crunchy texture and a mild earthy taste. The combination of the two ingredients, along with the cream that binds them together, creates a mouthwatering and satisfying meal that is both flavorful and wholesome.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
With a few simple low carb ingredients, you have a delicious dinner.
- Salmon fillet - we removed the skin from our fillet but you could leave it on if you like it.
- Broccoli - choose a firm and crunchy head of broccoli. Frozen broccoli florets could be substituted.
- Cream - heavy cream
- Parsley - Fresh dill would work just as well.
HOW TO MAKE SALMON AND BROCCOLI BAKE
We use a 7 inch baking dish for a hearty salmon dinner for one.
Cook the garlic and broccoli in butter
Place the broccoli and salmon into a baking dish. Add the seasonings
Pour the cream over the broccoli and salmon
Bake and enjoy
Add grated parmesan cheese to the dish before baking for a cheesy topping.
This dish can be made ahead and stored in the fridge before baking.
We remove the salmon skin and make a salmon dog snack with it.
Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
MORE LOW CARB SALMON DISHES TO MAKE
If you are lover of salmon, you may also enjoy these recipes:
Salmon and Broccoli Bake
- 1 salmon fillet cut into chunks
- 4 oz broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400Fdegrees.
- In a medium skillet or pan, melt the butter on a medium heat.
- Cook the minced garlic for a minute. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the broccoli mixture into a 7 inch baking dish.
- Add the salmon chunks, lemon zest, mustard, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir through.
- Pour the cream over the mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with an optional sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.