Chicken is marinated with tequila, lime and chilli for a low carb chicken dish packed full of flavour. It’s a quick and simple dish to make and great for BBQ’s. A colourful chicken recipe that smells great too!
This is a moist and zesty chicken dish that the Chief Taster devours like a hungry lion and doesn’t even complain about the coriander. He’s not a fan of coriander but I got away with it in this dish as the flavour of the herb does not over-power the dish.
The tequila adds a subtle flavour to the chicken dish and as when cooking with alcohol, it evaporates. If you don’t want to consume alcohol in any form, you could use a dash of orange extract instead.
If you don’t have chicken breasts, use chicken wings instead. I’ve just this on chicken breast chunks for a spicy kebab skewer too. You could also try this tequila lime marinade with shrimp instead. Or try the marinade as a sauce poured over a grilled fish. Either way it’s a delicious marinade. Chop, slather, wait and cook. It’s just that easy!
This tequila lime chilli chicken dish cooks great on the stove or grill too. If it’s not BBQ weather, you can still enjoy this tasty tequila lime chilli chicken recipe. Wash it down with a low carb margarita too! However, drinking too many margaritas is liable to tequila-ya (sorry for the awful pun, I couldn’t resist it!)
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Tequilia Lime Chilli Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers de-seeded & chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled & chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander/cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the jalapenos into a blender/processor and blitz until you have a green paste.
- Add the Tequila, lime juice, garlic, coriander and olive oil and mix well. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the chicken and mix well, coating the chicken in the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours minimum.
- Heat the BBQ or grill on a medium heat and cook the chicken for about 7-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Eat and enjoy!