A chicken fajita salad that is a healthier version of a favourite dish. The spiced chicken is served on a bed on lettuce instead of in a tortilla wrap, making it a low carb and keto dish too.
This chicken fajita salad looks colourful which I love as food should look fabulous as well as being yummy. You could serve this with a side of sour cream and guacamole to make it a heartier dish. It is a dish that is very easy to make, as is with fajitas. Just mix the marinade, add chicken, sit for an hour then cook.
Best served as soon as it is cooked, the Chief Taster enjoyed a hearty plate all to himself. For him, the upside of being married to a vegetarian is that he gets all the chicken recipes to himself! Sadly, it means I share most of my dishes with him.
I cooked the chicken on the stove but it would be just as easy to cook the chicken on a bbq or under a grill. Just ensure that the chicken is marinaded for at least and hour, then you are set to fire up the flames!
I have put this recipe as for one person since it uses just the one chicken breast. To be honest it's a hearty dish for one but if you could share if your appetite is not as great as the Chief Taster! He recently had this chicken fajita salad for lunch and it kept him going for most of the day.
Chicken Fajita Salad
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 small Onion
- ½ medium Red pepper
- 100 grams Salad Leaves
- Whisk the lime juice, oil, chilli, cayenne and oregano in a bowl
- Slice the chicken into strips
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the marinade over it. Mix it in well. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the onion and pepper to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of salad leaves and eat immediately.