This green goddess salad recipe has grilled chicken marinated in the creamy dressing, then served in a bowl of salad with green goddess dressing drizzled over it.
If you want a change from a grilled chicken salad covered in mayonnaise, then try this green goddess salad. The flavour combination of herbs, anchovies, sour cream and mayonnaise adds so much flavour and is also a colourful dish. We are great fans of green goddess dressing and would drink it from the serving jug if the other one isn’t looking! Not only is it a great salad dressing, it makes a perfect marinade for chicken.
For a quicker salad you could skip grilling the chicken breast and use rotisserie chicken. Although that will be great for a salad in a hurry, you don’t quite get the flavour of the marinated chicken. Slather on extra green goddess dressing to compensate.
Green Goddess Salad Tips
Pack out your green goddess salad with all the veggies you want! The Chief Taster is a bit fussy, so I kept the salad down to a minimum. If I start to even slice a cucumber, I will hear yells of dismay from the other side of the house. Any cucumber recipes you read on my site have all been made and devoured whilst he is at work. You could add cucumber, celery, chopped walnuts to this. Perhaps scatter some cheese, such as Feta, over it to make it a hearty dish. Or simply serve as this delicious grilled chicken salad recipe.
For the salad leaf I used our local lettuce as it's crisp but not on the ice berg lettuce edge of crisp. Try a romaine lettuce or perhaps arugula. Or a pre-packed green salad.
FANCY SOME MORE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES?
Green Goddess Chicken Salad
Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 anchovies chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise low carb
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup parsley fresh
- ¼ cup tarragon fresh
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 cups salad leaves
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 10 black olives pitted and halved
Make the Dressing
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Score the chicken breasts and cover with half of the dressing. Store in the fridge in a Tupperware box or covered bowl for a couple of hours to marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place under the grill (or BBQ).
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes each side, basting with the marinade as you turn them.
- Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, add the lettuce, spring onions and olives. Gently toss.
- Slice the chicken breasts width ways.
- Place chicken slices over the lettuce and drizzle the remaining green goddess dressing over the chicken and salad.
- Serve immediately.