Quick, easy Mediterranean cauliflower rice is full of vegetables with chicken and herbs. Cooked in a skillet, this is a delicious one-dish low carb chicken dinner.
Chicken and cauliflower rice is turned into a hearty main dish with minimal effort. My favourite type of dish! Colourful and full of flavour, this is a great low carb meal for summer when you don't want to switch the oven on.
How to make Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
The trick to this easy one pot dish is to have all your ingredients prepared before cooking. Assemble all your ingredients and get them sliced, chopped and ready to cook.
This recipe assumes that you have the cauliflower rice to hand. Process a cauliflower head in a food process until you have rice like shapes. Or you could grate the cauliflower (watch those knuckles!). If you have a bag of frozen cauliflower rice in your freezer you can use it for this recipe too.
Once you are prepared it's as easy as:
- Cook the chicken in the pan first. You want to ensure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly as it will be added to the end of the cooking . This also leaves the pan with chicken juices and flavour to cook the vegetables in.
- When the chicken is cooked and set aside, cook the vegetables, then add the cauliflower rice.
- Return the chicken to the dish, adjust for any seasoning and serve!
Omit the chicken and replace with fish or prawns. Or enjoy with vegetables as a vegetarian side dish.
Chicken thighs could be used in place of chicken breasts. Make sure that they are cooked through by poking them with a knife to see if the juices are clear.
If the dish becomes too dry when cooking, add a dash of chicken stock or water.
Add additional Mediterranean flavour with sliced mushrooms, olives or crumbled Feta cheese.
More keto cauliflower rice recipes to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice with Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 1 red onion peeled & sliced
- 1 red pepper seeds removed & sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh to serve
- Cut the chicken into chunks or strips and season with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a large pan or skillet, heat the olive oil on a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken pieces and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add more olive oil if required.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the zucchini and peppers to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until the cauliflower has softened.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and mix into the cauliflower vegetable rice.
- Serve with fresh basil sprinkled over the cauliflower rice.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.