Shrimp and broccoli are cooked in a creamy lemon sauce and served with low carb noodles for a quick and easy low carb dish. In under 30 minutes you have a great meal to enjoy with low carb noodles.
Shrimp and broccoli make a colourful and tasty flavour combination. The bright green of the broccoli compliments the pink of the shrimp. Lemon gives the creamy sauce a lift without being too overpowering.
Although I have served this dish with Miracle Noodles you could use zucchini noodles or serve it without the noodles. It’s a hearty enough dish to enjoy with just the shrimp and broccoli.
How to make creamy shrimp & broccoli
All you need to make this simple and delicious dish is:
- Shrimp - either fresh or frozen
- Broccoli - choose a head of broccoli that is bright green and fresh.
- Garlic - add more garlic if you prefer
- Lemon - Juice and rind give this dish a taste of Spring
- Cream - heavy cream is preferable
- Parmesan - fresh or canned
- Butter - what better way to cook shrimp than in butter?
Just a few steps to make this keto dinner.
More easy low carb dinners to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Creamy Shrimp & Broccoli
- ¾ lb shrimps peeled & cleaned
- 9 oz broccoli head (a medium sized head) cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon juice & zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cream heavy
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pack miracle noodles
- In a large pan or cast iron skillet heat the butter on a medium heat
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the broccoli florets and shrimp with the seasoning and saute for 3-5 minutes, turning the shrimp over regularly to ensure even cooking.
- When the shrimp is pink and cooked through, add the cream, cheese, lemon juice and rind.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes until the mixture has slightly thickened.
- Add the low carb or vegetable noodles (I washed my noodles thoroughly before adding them to the pan)
- Serve with a grated parmesan and chopped parsley. (Optional)
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.