This keto chicken Bolognese makes a change from the traditional mince dish and is served with zucchini noodles for a low carb, easy and budget friendly meal.
What I love about this easy keto spaghetti Bolognese is that is it so easy to make. Which is always a good option when I have the hungry husband on his way from work and I’m not in the mood to cook as I have been writing all day (or playing with the dogs). Any leftover chicken Bolognese can be used in other dishes too. I’ve used it in crepe fillings and served it with a side of fried cabbage.
MAKING KETO CHICKEN BOLOGNESE
Ground chicken was used for this recipe, but you could also use ground turkey too. I often prefer to make my own ground chicken with breast meat, purely because the Chief Taster is fussy about his chicken, but feel free to use chicken thigh meat too. That would be a cheaper option.
The marinara sauce was a low carb one I make, but you could use a sugar free one from the supermarket for speed.
CAN YOU FREEZE CHICKEN BOLOGNESE?
A happy yes, you can freeze this. Place any leftovers in a Tupperware box and place it in the freezer. It should keep for 1 month in the freezer. To defrost, remove it from the freezer and keep it in the fridge overnight. Gently reheat and voila! Dinner is served!
IF YOU LIKE EASY CHICKEN BOLOGNESE…
…then you might like these other easy chicken recipes:
Keto Chicken Bolognese
- 1 ½ pounds chicken, ground
- 1 onion peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce low carb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini for the noodles
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat and cook the onions for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and season with the salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, cover with a lid and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Spiralize the zucchini into noodles. I cook the zucchini in a pan with a little bit of oil for 3-5 minutes rather than serving them raw.
- Serve the chicken Bolognese over the zucchini noodles and top with the Parmesan cheese.