This chicken broccoli recipe is quickly made in a skillet or frying pan under 30 minutes. An easy no fuss low carb chicken dinner.
I make this chicken and broccoli dish for the Chief Taster when he is in the need of a chicken comfort dish and I don’t want to spend a long time in the kitchen. It is simple enough that he could cook it himself too for the next time I am off the island. Although we both know he is more like to stop off at a chicken take-away restaurant!
Although I have specified bacon in this recipe, I use turkey bacon as the husband does not eat pork. A few times I have added fresh basil to the recipe too which was well received. The addition of bacon (in whatever form) makes this almost a version of carbonara sauce without the eggs.
Easy Chicken Recipe
I almost did not share this recipe as it’s such an easy recipe to make but the Chief Taster insisted it was blog worthy based on flavour alone. I like how the cream cheese melted makes an easy low carb cheese sauce. You could add other cheese to this chicken broccoli dish but I’ve only added Parmesan. Perhaps a strong stilton cheese for extra flavour.
I have made many variations of this easy skillet recipe depending upon what vegetables I have in the fridge. I’ve replaced the broccoli with spinach and sliced zucchini. I’ve also served this over cooked zucchini noodles too. Either way this is made, it’s still a tasty, fuss free and easy chicken dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Creamy Skillet Chicken Broccoli
- 2 Chicken Breasts Skinless & Boneless
- 1 Head Broccoli cut into florets
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Cut the chicken into chunks and add to the pan. Stir and cook for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Chop the bacon into pieces and add to the pan, along with the broccoli. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and stir thoroughly until melted. Covering with a lid helps.
- Add the Parmesan, salt and pepper, stir through and cook for 2 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!