A keto prawn with a spicy coconut sauce is an easy healthy recipe to make in under 30 minutes. The mildly spicy coconut sauce is also Paleo, gluten free and dairy free too!
This spicy prawn dish is similar to a Thai curry with the coconut sauce. The sauce could be used for a chicken dish too, or perhaps a steaming bowl of veggies! Easy to make too, just blitz in a processor and voila! You could use frozen prawns if you don’t have fresh prawns too.
HOW TO MAKE PRAWNS IN COCONUT SAUCE
The spicy coconut sauce is as simple as placing the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitzing. Once you have made the sauce it could be stored in the fridge until you are ready to cook the prawns. I’ve also made this with chicken which was utterly delicious too.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PRAWNS IN COCONUT SAUCE
The sauce for this prawn dish is smooth and slight spicy so I would recommend you serve it with a side of coconut cauliflower rice or mop up the sauce with low carb flatbread. Perhaps add over a bowl of vegetable cauliflower rice for a hearty meal.
OTHER SEAFOOD DISHES TO MAKE:
Prawns in a Spicy Coconut Sauce
- 15 prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Coriander
- 5 tablespoons desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tomato
- 6 Red chillis small
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Marinade the prawns with the lime juice for at least an hour.
- Put the coriander, tomato, coconut, garlic, ginger, cumin, coconut milk and chilli peppers in a blender and blitz to a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paste and simmer on a medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!