A prawn recipe that is in a spicy coconut sauce. A very easy healthy recipe to make and you could always used frozen instead of fresh prawns too.
This prawn dish is similar to a Thai curry with the coconut sauce. The sauce could be used for a chicken dish too, or perhaps a steaming bowl of veggies! Easy to make too, just blitz in a processor and voila! And full of coconut…yummy! I used a packet of fresh peeled prawns for speed. Back in Dubai it would have been a few of their large prawns the size of your fist from the supermarket!
- 10-15 large prawns, peeled
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Coriander
- 5 tablespoons desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tomato
- 6 Red chillis small
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Marinade the prawns with the lime juice for at least an hour.
- Put the coriander, tomato, coconut, garlic, ginger, cumin, coconut milk and chilli peppers in a blender and blitz to a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paste and simmer on a medium heat for about 20-25 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!