Steer clear of trans fats and fast food places, make your own chicken nuggets! This way you know exactly what goes into the chicken nuggets and what part of the chicken they are from.
They are easy to make and the husband happily munched a batch of these. I coated these with coconut but you could also add any spices that you have to hand. Don't be shy, spice it up!
I bought chicken breasts then ground them in my food processor. You could just as easily purchase minced (or ground) chicken from your butcher/supermarket.
- 1lb minced chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tspn garlic powder
- 1/4 cup AND 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tblspn dried onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 tblpsn oil
- In a shallow bowl, mix the 1/4 cup almond flour and desiccated coconut. Season to taste.
- In another bowl, mix the chicken, 1/2 cup almond flour, dried onion, garlic powder, egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
- Make small balls from the chicken mixture and then coat them in the almond/coconut mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the chicken nuggets in the frying pan and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info for whole recipe - 1236 Calories, 78g Fat, 123g Protein, 13g Total Carbs, 7g Fibre, 6g Net Carbs
- Nutritional Info per nugget (based on 15) - 82 Calories, 5g Fat, 8g Protein, 0.9g Total Carbs, 0.5g Fibre, 0.4g Net Carbs