It's dishes like this that make the Chief Taster glad that I am vegetarian as he got to have the whole lot to himself. There was even enough for the next day for him too.
I like the addition of coconut milk to dip the chicken in to give another layer of coconut flavour (or so I imagine as I don't taste these!). I bake them in the oven briefly after frying in the pan because I am a bit overcautious with cooking meat and like to make sure it is cooked thoroughly. It also stops burning the coconut crust.
Great for a snack for a side dish! Serve with the dip of your choice.
2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 - 4 tblspns coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- Beat the egg and coconut milk in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut and salt.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then into the coconut mixture, making sure that the chicken is covered.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat and cook the chicken until it is golden in colour on all sides.
- Finish off for 5-10 minutes in the oven heated to 180C/350/F degrees.
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves 2 -3 (or one hungry husband)