Easy low carb buffalo chicken bites made a great spicy appetizer or snack. Baked chicken breast pieces are coated in almond flour and tossed in a spicy buffalo sauce. A great gluten free appetizer too.
As well as enjoying these chicken bites for yourself, make a larger batch for gatherings or game day. A blue cheese dressing or ranch dip makes a great addition to the spicy chicken bites.
Making Buffalo Sauce
The essential ingredient in this bufffalo chicken bites recipe is the buffalo sauce. I used Franks hot sauce for this as it has the right level of heat with the cayenne peppers. It's sugar free too so perfect for a keto sauce
The buffalo sauce is easy and is made with just hot sauce, butter and seasoning! Keep a jar in the fridge for all your sauce needs.
The hot sauce that we enjoy in Saint Lucia is made from a different pepper, has sugar and is much hotter. Thankfully there is one shop on the island that sells Franks Hot Sauce. It's not a normal item on the shelf either, so I scooped up all the bottles on the shelf. I'm now set for Buffalo sauce for the rest of the year!
More spicy keto appetizers
The chicken bites could also be air fried. Keep the temperature the same as the recipe card below, but decrease the cooking time to 10-12 minutes.
Add herbs and spices to the almond flour before coating the chicken with it.
If you can't have almond flour, any other low carb flour such as coconut flour, lupin flour or oat fiber can be used for the coating. Or try ground pork rinds.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 2 chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup Franks Hot Sauce Cayenne pepper sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Slice the chicken into cubes, about 1 inch square.
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg then into the almond flour.
- Place the chicken on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, turning over half way through cooking until golden.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the buffalo sauce by heating the hot sauce and butter in a small saucepan until melted. Remove from the heat and add the seasoning.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and toss in the buffalo sauce to coat the chicken.
- Serve with dressing or more sauce