Mini keto chicken pizza crust bites make a great snack or appetizer and best of all, they are low carb and gluten-free! They are easy to make and can be whipped up in minutes. A recipe that even children and my husband could make too!
Ground chicken is used for the pizza crust with no flour used. Just chicken, cheese and seasoning for a great taste and low carb pizza. Add your favorite pizza toppings for your pizza cravings!
These were initially made as a quick snack for the Chief Taster when I did not have much time to cook. I had not intended to make this a recipe but the result was so good that it made the blog!
HOW MANY CARBS IN CHICKEN PIZZA CRUST?
A regular pizza crust made with wheat flour has 30g carbohydrates making it not suitable for a low carb diet. This keto chicken pizza crust has only 1g net carb a mini pizza bite. It's an easy choice!
CHICKEN PIZZA INGREDIENTS
Enjoy the flavors of pizza without too much work using these little bites. This keto chicken crust pizza recipe requires only a couple of ingredients and is made in just a few minutes. It's a great low carb alternative to Fathead pizza crust if you reduce your cheese.
I just topped the chicken pizza bites with a simple keto pizza sauce and more cheese. You could add other toppings as you wish. Perhaps some olives, pepperoni and sweet peppers?
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PIZZA BITES
Mix all ingredients in a bowl
Use a cookie scoop to place the chicken base in a mini muffin tin
Bake and then top with marinara sauce and mozzarella, return to the oven
Serve and watch them disappear
Making these is as simple as adding ground chicken, cheese and pizza flavorings. Press them down in a muffin tin, cook, top and voila! Treats all round! I used a mini muffin tin but a regular muffins would be just as delicious.
Although these are best made fresh you could store any leftovers (I'm not sure what that is for these though!) in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat them and they should last the next day.
If you don't have a muffin tin you could make these by rolling out balls on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Press them down into circle, cover with the sauce and cheese and you are good to go!
We used this recipe for mini pizza bites but you could use this to make a large pizza. Spread the chicken and cheese base over a large parchment paper lined pizza pan instead of using mini muffin tins.
Ground turkey can be used in place of the chicken to make this low carb pizza crust. It works the same but just has a slightly darker colour.
OTHER KETO CHICKEN APPETISERS TO ENJOY:
If you are looking for low carb chicken appetizers for a party or game day then try these recipes:
WATCH THE VIDEO
This post was originally posted in November 2016. The photos and content have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Mini Keto Chicken Crust Pizza Bites
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium egg
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- 2.5 oz Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 oz Marinara sauce low carb
- 1 oz Mozzarella cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Lightly oil a muffin tin.
- In a bowl add the chicken, cheeses and egg. Mix until combined.
- Add the seasonings and work them into a mixture. You should have a dough like consistency.
- Using a cookie scoop, place the chicken mixture into the muffin tin and press gently down.
- Bake for 12 minutes until firm.
- Remove and spread the chicken bites with the Marinara sauce, then sprinkle with the Mozzarella cheese. If the chicken is too moist, blot with a kitchen towel to remove the wetness.
- Place under a medium grill for 5 minutes until the cheese is golden or return to the oven and baked until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with fresh basil and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.