A crunchy and colourful chicken salad with lots of flavour. Quick and easy to make too!
It’s salad season and I wanted something slightly asian inspired with chicken for the Chief Taster. It’s almost like an uncooked stir fry dish, but disguised as a salad! He enjoyed the flavours and crunch of the salad, along with the bright colours. I only used basil with this as he does not like coriander (cilantro) much, but I think the dish would be great with it. If you had some shredded chicken you could use that, but I poached some chicken breast strips in order to keep the chicken moist as a contrast against the crunchy salad ingredients.
- 3 cups poached chicken breast strips (shredded chicken can be used too) (420g)
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chillis, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice (60ml)
- 2 tblspn Tamari sauce
- 2 tblspn erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 tblspn grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (or coriander/cilantro) (7g)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (40g)
- Whisk the oil, ginger, lime juice, Tamari sauce, erthyritol and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the chicken, cabbage, carrots, onions, basil and chillis.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place in a serving bowl and scatter the peanuts over the salad.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving: 348 Calories, 19g Fat; 30g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carb
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes