These ground turkey eggplant rolls are an easy low carb meal to make with just a few ingredients. Baked eggplant slices are filled with ground turkey and cheese and covered with a marinara sauce.
A hearty and filling ground turkey dish, this is a great gluten free and low carb dinner. It's almost a low carb version of cannelloni with eggplant slices used in place of pasta.
If you are looking for a vegetarian eggplant roll recipe try our eggplant cannelloni. The filling is a mixture of pesto and cheese for a creamy and delicious dinner.
Just a few ingredients are used to make this recipe. I will confess that the seasonings I used are missing from the photo below! For a tasty dish you need to season the turkey well otherwise it may be a bit bland.
How to make ground turkey egg roll ups
This is a similar recipe to chicken rollatini but the eggplant slices are not breaded here.
- Slice the eggplants lengthways.
- Bake in the oven until goldens.
- Saute the onion.
- Add the ground turkey, season and cook.
- Fill the eggplant pieces with turkey and some of them mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the turkey slices up.
- Place in a baking tray and spoon the Marinara sauce over the rolls.
- Scatter Mozzarella on top and bake.
Can you freeze this?
Any leftovers can easily be frozen. Store the eggplants rolls in an air tight container and this should last for 3 months in the freezer.
Defrost in the refrigerator until thawed completely. Reheat in the oven for 15 minutes at 375F until warmed throughout.
More low carb eggplant recipes
Grilled Eggplant Stacks with Tomato, Basil Pesto and Feta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
This recipe was originally posted in November 2012. The images and content have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Ground Turkey Eggplant Roll Ups
- 2 eggplants
- 14 oz ground turkey
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the eggplant lengthways, about 1 cm thick. Lightly brush with olive oil and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200C/400F, turning over half way until golden.
- In a medium sauce heat the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the ground turkey and seasoning and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Spoon the cooked turkey on the eggplant slices and add part of the mozzarella cheese. Roll them up.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the marinara sauce in a baking dish. We used a 9inch square dish.
- Place the eggplant rolls on top of the Marinara sauce.
- Spoon the remaining Marinara sauce over the eggplant rolls and scatter the rest of Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180C/350F degrees until the cheese has melted and bubbling.
Hi Angela, I am new to your site and love it. I just wish you would have recipes for one person and in metric measures as you sometime have. Otherwise, I congratulate you as your recipes are excellent. Eliza
Thanks Eliza. I sometimes put metric measures but need to be more consistent with this!
Sounds delish - do you use raw turkey or cooked turkey when rolling it up?
Hi Mandy...I used raw. Hope you enjoy it!