There is a similar recipe for us vegetarians on my blog but thought I would change it a bit and add some turkey for the husband. A treat with meat. Just add some turkey mince to the eggplants, cover with sauce and voila! The spices add some zing to it!
A simple supper dish and another way to serve turkey. Add some veggies on the side and you have a hearty dish that should keep the table quiet!
2 eggplants (aubergines), trimmed and sliced thinly lenghtwise
400g turkey mince
1 red onion, finely chopped (I put mine in a blender)
2 tspn ground coriander
1 tspn ground cumin
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn pepper
3 tblspn olive oil
1 portion tomato sauce with 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper added
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Brush the eggplants with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and place on a baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes until golden.
- Mix the turkey mince and onion in a bowl. Season with the spices.
- Cover a baking dish with half of the tomato sauce.
- Place a tablespoon of turkey mince across an eggplant slice and roll up. Place upon the tomato sauce. Repeat for all aubergine slices.
- Spoon with the remaining sauce and cover with silver foil. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!