These stuffed cucumber boats have an egg mayonnaise filling for a refreshing appetizer or party food. Easy to make and a great low carb snack for summer.
All the flavour of a keto cucumber egg salad in a simple dish. This could not be easier to make and something the kids could make too. Serve as a boat or cut the stuffed cucumber boats into slices for a smaller appetizer.
Carbs in cucumbers
Cucumbers are a great keto food with ½ cup of slices being just 1.6g net carbs. They are low in calories and their water content makes them ideal for hydration. A must for a hot summer’s day!
How to make stuffed cucumber boats
There are a few varieties of cucumbers, but for this recipe I used a local cucumber which would also be known as a garden cucumber outside of St Lucia. They are smooth skinned, plump and dark green. The size of them makes them perfect for cucumber boats. Other cucumber varieties such as the English cucumber are too long and thin for this recipe.
To make this cucumber boat appetizer, it is as simple as scooping out the seeds of a cucumber and filling it with an egg salad. There’s not much that could go wrong with this recipe. Even the Chief Taster could whip this up!
Recipe tips & suggestions
I kept my egg salad chunky but you could mash it smoother for your own taste. You could add extra spices and flavours to the egg salad too. Add chopped dill pickle or perhaps a dash of curry powder.
Other filling suggestions for the cucumber boats are:
Tuna, dill & mayonnaise
Finely chopped chicken salad
Other low carb cucumber recipes
Stuffed Cucumber Boats
- 2 small cucumbers garden cucumber variety
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 stick celery
- 2 tablespoons dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon. Set them aside.
- Peel the eggs and chop into small pieces. Place in a small bowl and mash lightly with a fork.
- Chop the celery into small pieces and place in the bowl withthe dill, mustard, mayonnaise, salt and black pepper.
- Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the cucumber boats and garnish with a sprig of dill.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.