These easy Greek Salad stuffed cucumber bites are a crunchy and refreshing keto summer appetizer.
With all the taste of a Greek salad in a handy bite size, this stuffed cucumber appetizer recipe is great for a quick lunch, snack or at a summer BBQ. A great cucumber snack for the kids too.
The great thing about these stuffed cucumber bites is that there is no cooking and they can be assembled in less than 15 minutes. I love how colourful they are too!
Is Greek salad keto?
A traditional Greek salad is a great low carb choice if there is no sugar in the dressing. With this recipe there is no dressing, just a drizzle of lemon juice making this a great keto appetizer.
Join the friendliest keto & low carb recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
How to make stuffed cucumber bites
Feta cheese, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, red onion and herbs with a dash of lemon juice are mixed together to make a tasty cucumber filling.
A cucumber is cut lengthwise, seeds removed and the Greek salad filing is spooned in. Cut the cumber up into slices for a tasty appetizer.
Other keto appetizers
Grilled Fennel Wedges with Tahini
For a smooth creamy filling, add a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise or cream cheese to the Feta cheese mixture.
Instead of cutting up the cucumber serve as boats. This works better if you have smaller cucumbers.
Greek Stuffed Cucumber Bites
- 1 large cucumber about 8 inch long
- 6 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 8 Kalamata olives, pitted chopped into small pieces
- ¼ red onion finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Basil or mint leaves chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Feta cheese, olives, onion, tomatoes, seasoning and herbs. Add the lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthways
- Scoop out the seeds and the centre of the cucumber halves making “boats”.
- Spoon the Feta mixture into the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber halves into 8 sections width ways.
- Drizzle with oil and chopped basil/mint to serve.
- Serve immediately or cover and serve within a few hours.
Leave a Reply