Cucumber slices are topped with a basil cream cheese spread and topped with a slice of sun-dried tomato in these tasty cucumber bites. A great low carb appetiser or snack that is also gluten free.
These cucumber bites are quick to assemble and are a colourful addition to any party or holiday table. The fresh green with a dash of red will draw you to their plate! The fresh basil pairs well with the fresh taste of cucumber along with the classic flavour combination of cream cheese and cucumber.
If you wanted a dairy free cucumber basil bite, replace the cream cheese with avocado. The bright green colour of the avocado would look great too. Add a touch of lime to the mixture to stop any discoloration though.
ARE CUCUMBERS KETO?
Cucumbers are a great low carb vegetable and these basil cucumber bites are only 0.6g net carbs each. Not only are cucumbers low in carbs they are also low in calories. You could happily eat a large plate of them! They also contain many important vitamins and minerals, as well as having a high water content.
Cucumbers can be eaten fresh or pickled. They can be enjoyed as a low-calorie snack or used to add flavour in a variety of dishes. Cucumbers are a refreshing, nutritious and incredibly versatile addition to any diet.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER BITES
A cucumber can easily be turned into a low carb canape. You can slice the cucumber and serve with a topping as a canape or you could cut the cucumber into “boats”, scoop out a deep well and fill them. Cucumbers bites can be topped with cream cheese, egg, meat or fish. Keep it colourful and tasty.
OTHER CUCUMBER RECIPES TO TRY:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Basil Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
- 1 cucumber medium
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 4 oz cram cheese
- 2 sun dried tomatoes cut into small pieces for the topping
- Slice the ends off the cucumber and peel the skin off in stripes.
- Cut the cucumber into half inch slices.
- Use a small spoon to scrape the seeds from each cucumber half. This will leave the space needed for the cream cheese filling.
- In a food processor blend the basil and cream cheese until you have a green paste.
- Spoon the cream mixture into a piping bag with a star attachment and pipe the mixture into the cucumber.
- Top with the sun dried tomato pieces