These stuffed cucumber bites are an easy cold appetizer or snack. They make a tasty addition to a picnic or packed lunch too.
This is an old cucumber recipe that I have been making since I left University (only a few years old then, "ahem"). My flatmate and I at the time were having a surge of salad recipes and this is one I made as part of the salad feast.
I remembered the recipe recently as was looking at my fridge for inspiration to make a light lunch and saw the usual block of cream cheese and cucumber. Knowing that I had some walnuts in the cupboard, my brain library woke up, dusted off the archives and remembered the stuffed cucumbers I used to munch on.
How to make keto stuffed cucumber bites
This is such a simple appetiser recipe. I cut the cucmbers into slices, scoop out the seeds to stop any sogginess, and fill the cucumbers with a mixture of softened cream cheese, walnuts and herbs. They can be made ahead too. Just cover and store in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.
Since the Chief Taster hates cucumber with almost a vengeance, I got to eat these all to myself. They are light enough that if you do eat the lot in one go whilst laughing at your husband's whimpering about the cucumber smell, you won't be left with a full, heavy feeling of stomach shame.
The cucumbers that we have in Barbados are similar in appearance to those in the Middle East in that they are medium in length and fairly chunky. Compared to the English cucumbers that are long in length and slimmer. I prefer the little chunky ones for stuffing!
Although I cut my cucumbers in half you could cut them in thick slices and pipe or slather the cream cheese mixture over them. Perhaps kick the spices up with a little bit of chilli in them too.
Other low carb Summer bites to enjoy
Enjoy the Video
Stuffed Cucumber Bites
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 oz walnuts chopped
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 tspn white pepper
- 1 tblspn chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teapsoon Paprika to serve optional
- Cut the top and bottoms off the cucumber.
- Lightly peel the cucumber lengthways, leaving the odd strip of skin on, as a stripe.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese with the pepper and parsley with a fork, mashing well.
- Add the walnuts and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the cucumber halves.
- Cut the cucumber halves into four quarters.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and any extra parsley.