A creamy sour cream and chive dip can be made in minutes. It's so delicious you will never use store bought once you make your own! Low carb and gluten free too!
If you are in need of a low carb dip with your appetizers for game day, a gathering or just in need of a snack, this creamy dip is a great option.
Is sour cream keto?
Sour cream is made from cream. Lactic acid bacteria is added to cream and the reaction makes sour cream. Full fat sour cream is keto friendly and has 4.6g net carbs per 100g serving. The low carb versions may have added sugar so avoid those if you can.
How to make keto sour cream and chive dip
This is so easy to make I should receive a warning for calling this a recipe! Mix the ingredients in a bowl and you are ready to serve. It can be made ahead and chilled too.
- Sour cream - full fat
- Chives - fresh chives are essential. We sometimes use garlic chives too.
- Onion powder - to enhance the onion flavour of the dip
- salt & pepper - we use white pepper but black pepper could be used.
What to serve with this
- Vegetable crudites such as celery sticks and cucumber sticks
- Low carb crackers. Try our almond flour crackers or flaxseed crackers.
- Serve with our spicy fish fritters or turnip wedges.
- Makes a great dip with low carb fries. Spicy Jicama fries or Zucchini Fries go well with this dip.
More low carb appetizer recipes
If you are looking for more low carb appetizers, try these.
This sour cream dip can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Keep it in an airtight container.
Add mayonnaise or Greek yoghurt for a thinner dip.
A minced garlic clove makes a great flavour addition.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Sour Cream and Chive Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chives finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Season to taste and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.