Easy keto flaxseed crackers are made with the minimum of ingredients. They deliver a healthy crunch and are also gluten free, Paleo & vegan. They are a great way to add fibre to your diet too.
I love how simple these are to make and how delicious they are. You can play around with the flavourings to suit your taste and for those of you who are not the biggest fan of flaxseed, spice it up! They are delicious with dips as well as by themselves. It’s made me want to reach for more dip recipes as this is a great cracker in texture and taste.
THE BENEFITS OF FLAXSEED
The great thing is that this is a wonderful way to get some glorious flaxseed into your diet. Flax seed is high in fibre, antioxidants, magnesium, phosphorus, and is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is an excellent preventative for degenerative illnesses like heart disease, hypertension and rheumatoid arthritis. A great and simple keto flaxseed recipe too.
HOW TO MAKE FLAXSEED CRACKERS
These low carb crackers are just ground flaxseed and water. Spices are added to provide extra flavour and I enjoy a touch of heat to even out the flaxseed flavour. I cut mine into square but when you roll the dough out you could cut them into different shapes. Perhaps triangles to make flaxseed nachos.
When rolling the flaxseed cracker dough out between parchment paper ensure that it is even and thin. About 3mm thickness should be thin enough to handle without breaking. If they are too thick they will lose some of their crunch.
Serve these flaxseed crackers with a tasty Boursin cheese spread.
OTHER LOW CARB CRACKERS TO BAKE:
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the water and stir into a dough
- Let the dough sit for 10 minutes to firm up
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Place another layer of parchment paper over the dough and roll into a rectangle thin layer.
- Using a sharpe knife, cut into squares.
- Place the squares onto a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200C/400F degrees and turn over half way through baking to ensure both sides are crispy.