Simple and healthy flaxseed crackers. Delicious low in carbs and a great way to add extra fibre to your diet.
I love how simple these are to make and how delicious they are. You can play around with the flavourings to suit your taste and for those of you who are not the biggest fan of flaxseed, spice it up! They are delicious with dips as well as by themselves. It’s made me want to reach for more dip recipes as this is a great cracker in texture and taste.
The great thing is that this is a wonderful way to get some glorious flaxseed into your diet. Flax seed is high in fibre, antioxidants, magnesium, phosphorus, and is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is an excellent preventative for degenerative illnesses like heart disease, hypertension and rheumatoid arthritis. A great low carb food too!
- 1 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn onion powder
- 1 tspn cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly into a dough.
- Let the dough sit for 10 minutes.
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture, roll into a ball and place onto a parchment lined baking tin.
- Using a small piece of parchment, place it on top of the ball and press down until you have a thin circle. Repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crisp and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per Cracker = 77 calories, 6g fat, 3g protein, 4.4g carbs, 3.9g fibre (0.5g net carbs)