A soup that is easy to make and delicious to eat! Yep, this ticks all the boxes. You throw the ingredients into the oven, busy yourself with something else for 30 minutes, then add, blend and yum. Simple Soup!
I sometimes change this by adding basil or chilli, but it is nice without any enhancments too.
5 red peppers (a few yellow in there doesn't hurt)
2 onions, peeled and halved
2 cloves of garlic, peeleed
1 tin tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
2 tblspsn olive oil
- Set the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Cut the peppers into half and deseed them.
- Place the peppers, onions and garlic on a roasting tin and drizzle olive oile over them.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes
- Remove any charred skins from the peppers
- Place the peppers, onion and garlic into a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Season to taste.
- Blend with a hand blender/food processor.
- Slurp, eat and enjoy!