A quick keto grilled cheese sandwich bread recipe made from coconut flour. A low carb and gluten free bread quickly made in the microwave. I also use this for french toast too!
This is just so delicious and made out of coconut flour. A low carb and gluten free tasty sandwich! All of the taste and none of the guilt! Huzzah! The naming of the sandwich being grilled amuses me, being British, as for us it is fried. To our friends across the pond, it is grilled. I love the differences in a common language! I don't care what it's is called, it is still a lovely low carb sandwich type meal that is fried in butter!
Serve this grilled cheese with a low carb tomato soup for the classic flavour combination.
I find this very filling too. One of these for breakfast and I can keep going all day. Although the Chief Taster had one and hinted he could have another, but I put that down to him liking it so much rather than hunger. I sometimes zap the sandwich in the microwave at the end to really melt the cheese although that is probably due to me piling up the cheese in the middle.
KETO GRILLED CHEESE
You could play around with this keto grilled cheese and add other fillings or herbs to this. I use garlic powder, dried herbs and white pepper to flavour it but feel free to get creative! Perhaps some jalapenos in the cheese would be nice...ooh, might try that next time. Another great version of this is my pizza grilled cheese sandwich.
OTHER LUNCH RECIPES TO TRY
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon butter (plus a couple for frying) melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1 teaspoon oregano optional
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Slices of cheese for filling
- Any other filling you wish to add
- Mix the egg and water together and whisk well.
- Add the butter and blend.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, herbs and seasoning and mix until smooth.
- Place in a square or rectangle microwave dish and spread out evenly.
- Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes until cooked and firm
- Remove from the container and slice in half for two pieces of "bread".
- Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan and cook one piece until golden brown, then remove.
- Place the remaining piece of "bread" in the pan and layer on the cheese/toppings, then place the other piece of "bread" on top and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Eat and enjoy!