This easy keto garlic bread is a delicious side dish or appetizer. Made with a keto bread that is flourless, gluten free and nut free too.
The bread is light, fluffy and airy and a great low carb substitute for a baguette. For those with nut or coconut allergies, this is a great low carb bread for you. Oat fiber, whey protein isolate and psyllium husk powder are the main ingredients for this keto bread.
How to make keto garlic bread
No almond or coconut flour is used to make this keto bread.
- Oat fiber - For this recipe I have used the Lifesource brand of oat fiber.
- Psyllium husk powder - Finely ground psyllium husks in powder form helps bind the bread in the absence of gluten.
- Whey protein isolate powder - Make sure the powder is unflavoured. Plain whey protein powder will work too.
- Greek Yogurt - Full fat yoghurt
- Eggs - Medium sized eggs.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - This acts with the baking powder to give the bread volume in the absence of gluten.
Make it a keto garlic cheese bread
You could have this low carb garlic bread as it is or add some grated cheese to make it a keto garlic cheese bread. Grated cheddar or mozzarella can be added to the slices after the garlic butter is spread on the bread before the bread is returned to the oven.
The whey protein isolate powder could be replaced with coconut or lupin flour.
When mixing the dough, it may seen fairly moist but with damp hands you will be able to shape the baguette. The bread will rise but keep it's solid shape.
To alleviate the dreaded purple colour from psyllium husk powder, I find that griding psyllium husks in a coffee grinder help. I use the NOW brand.
More keto bread recipes
Looking for more keto bread recipes? Try these!
Keto Garlic Bread
- 2 medium eggs
- 4.25 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 oz Whey protein isolate powder
- 1 oz oat fiber
- 1 oz psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
Baking the Keto Bread
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and Greek yoghurt until smooth.
- Add the psyllium husk powder, oat fiber, whey protein isolate, salt, baking powder and garlic powder and with a spatula or spoon mix until you have a dough.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix into the dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes to firm up. It will be a soft dough.
- With damp hands, form a dough and shape into a baton or baguette shape.
- Place the bread on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
Make the Garlic Butter
- Place the butter, salt and garlic powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
Making the Garlic Bread
- Cut the bread almost all the way through into 2cm / ⅘" thick slices.
- Smear the garlic butter in the cut slices. Smother any leftover butter on top of the bread.
- Return to the oven for 18-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.