These chewy low carb pecan coconut cookies are easy to make with just a few ingredients. Flourless, dairy free and gluten free cookies too.
The texture of these pecan cookies improves the next day if you can wait! They will firm up but still have a sweet coconut chewy texture.
If you enjoy our pecan butter cookies and like coconut then you will enjoy these cookies too!
How to make pecan coconut cookies
With just a few low carb store ingredients, you can quickly make a batch of chewy cookies. All you need to make these is pecans, desiccated coconut, low carb sweetener, an egg, baking soda and vanilla.
The coconut must be dried desiccated coconut that is unsweetened. I tried with recipe with fresh coconut and it did not work.
For the low carb sweetener we used Besti monkfruit but a batch or two made with golden low carb sweetener were extra tasty!
Can these be made without a food processor
Processing the pecans and coconut in the food processor turns them into a nut and coconut butter which forms the cookie dough. However, if you don't have a food processor these low carb pecan coconut cookies can be made by using store bought pecan and coconut butters. Check the labels for sugar though.
Can you make these cookies vegan?
You can leave out the egg to make them vegan and they still yield a nice moist cookie.
Add different flavours to the cookie dough. Cinnamon is great and even a dash of orange rind would be tasty.
Serve the cookies with chopped pecans and coconut flakes on top for extra crunch and texture.
More low carb cookies to bake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
This recipe was originally published in June 2014. The recipe has been tweaked and the photos and contented updated.
Pecan Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 2 cups pecans
- ½ cup monkfruit or other low carb sweetener
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Place the pecan nuts in a food processor and blitz until smooth. You may need to occasionally scrape the sides whilst doing this.
- Add the coconut and blitz until smooth.
- Add the egg, sweetener and vanilla and pulse until smooth.
- Use a small to medium cookie scooper and place a ball of the cookie dough on the baking tray. Repeat for all of the dough.
- OR take about a tablespoon amount of the cookie dough mixture and using your hands, mould into a cookie shape. Place on the baking tray.
- OR take about a tablespoon amount of the cookie dough mixture and using your hands, mold into a cookie shape. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden.
- Allow to cool, then devour!