Chewy lemon coconut cookies that will have you reaching for another. At only 2g net carb per cookie you can help yourself!
If you enjoy my cream cheese cookies, you will love these lemon coconut cookies too. They are made in a similar way with the softened cream cheese and butter but this time I used almond flour. I have not tried a version with coconut flour but if you adjust the quantity of the flour it could work.
These lemon coconut cookies are very delicate when handling so be careful. I found it best to gently flip them over half way through baking to ensure an even colour. Some I had to gently “reshape” with a spoon.
I found the mixture of the soft butter and cream cheese to be moist enough that I did not use an egg. However, ingredients can vary so if your cookie mixture seems too dry for you, then by all means add an egg.
The smell of these cookies baking is just divine. My stomach was rumbling as I took them out of the oven and as soon as they were cool enough to eat I devoured one all under the guise of taste testing. Once the Chief Taster pounced on them, there was talk of rationing as the whole batch could have easily been eaten by us both that day.
I would recommend that once they are cool, and you have shown a degree of self-restraint, you keep these in the fridge. They will harden and be easier to handle. Well, hold as you munch down upon them.
The Chief Taster declared these my best cookie for a while and I tend to agree. I found them utterly addictive and every time I opened the fridge, came eye to eye with them, had to eat one. It got to the point that I was finding any excuse to go to the fridge! I will make another batch of these chewy lemon cookies again for sure!
- 4 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted softened
- 1/2 cup Erythritol or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1 Lemon - juice & rind
- 2 cup Almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and erythritol (or sugar substitute of choice).
- Add the lemon juice and rind. Beat until smooth.
- Add the desiccated coconut, almond flour and salt and beat until combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using damp hands make a walnut sized ball from the dough and place on the baking tray. Press down gently with either your hands or the back of the spoon into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden BUT flip the cookies over gently and carefully halfway through cooking. Reshape if need be as they will be very delicate.
- Cool and store in the fridge to firm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $7.42Was: $8.99