These double chocolate hazelnut cookies are almost like a shortbread cookie. Deliciously soft when warm, they will harden with a slight crunch the next day.
So far, I would say that they are my best keto chocolate chips cookies I have baked to date. The addition of the cream cheese gives them a rich texture and the chopped hazelnuts a great crunch. A perfect low carb cookie for the holidays. Or a Monday morning.
Inspired by my addiction to my cream cheese cookies I like to add it to most low carb cookie recipes for the taste and texture it brings. When you store the cookies in the fridge and can wait a day, they will harden with the slight crunch you are looking for in a cookie.
EASY KETO CHOCOLATE COOKIES
The cookie dough for these double chocolate hazelnut cookies is almond flour, cream cheese and an unsweetened cocoa powder. Chopped hazelnuts and sugar free chocolate chips are added for the tasty flavour combination of chocolate and hazelnuts. A double chocolate pleasure!
KETO COOKIE TIPS
- THE LOW CARB FLOUR – I have used almond flour for a great low carb cookie texture, but you could also try hazelnut flour. Try my hazelnut chocolate chip cookies for great tasty keto hazelnut coookies.
- THE SWEETENER – I have made batches of these with erythritol and monkfruit. You can purchase a blend of these two sweeteners too.
- THE CHOCOLATE – The double chocolate for these cookies is the unsweetened cocoa and chocolate chips. If you wanted to play around with this cookie recipe you could leave out either the chocolate chips or the cocoa. This would reduce the carbs, but might reduce your cookie pleasure!
OTHER COOKIE RECIPES TO BAKE!
Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted softened
- 1/2 cup erythritol ground
- 1 egg medium
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa unsweetened
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips low sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/370F degrees.
- Beat the butter, cream cheese and erythritol together until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and continue to beat.
- Beat in the almond flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts.
- Damp your hands and make balls from the dough, about the size of a large walnut.
- Place the cookie balls on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Using your hands or a large spoon, press the balls down into a cookie shape
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden around the edges
- Cool, eat and enjoy!