These easy keto salmon patties are a tasty and simplistic dish that is ready under 30 minutes. They are great for anyone with a nut or coconut allergy too, as they are made with oat fiber.
Salmon patties (or salmon cakes) are traditionally made with potato and breadcrumbs. Making them low carb is easy. Omit the carby ingredients and bind the patties with egg and low carb flour.
How to make salmon patties
Using pre-cooked salmon makes this recipe super easy as well as a great way to use up any leftover salmon. I used freshly cooked salmon but you could use tinned salmon too.
I used oat fiber as the low carb flour to bind them because it does not have any overpowering taste and has a high fiber content. It is great as a binding agent. You could happily substitute oat fiber with almond flour or coconut flour.
What sauce goes with salmon patties?
You can't go wrong with a side of home made tartar sauce with salmon cakes, but a dish of mayonnaise with a swirl of sriracha is great too!
Freezing keto salmon patties.
These easy salmon patties freeze very well. I stored mine in a ziplock bag and defrosted them in the fridge. To reheat, cook them in a pan with butter or oil for a few minutes. Serve immediately.
More low carb seafood recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Salmon Patties
- 17.5 oz cooked salmon
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 1 lemon juice & zest
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped
- ½ cup oat fiber or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter for frying
- In a large bowl mix the salmon, onions, eggs, lemon juice, lemon rind, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add the oat fiber and mix in so you have a mixture that can be made into patties. If the mixture is too wet, add a tablespoon or two of more oat fiber.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out the mixture. Flatten each ball into a patty.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan or skillet on a medium heat.
- Add the salmon patties to the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with tartare sauce or sauce of your choosing.