A roasted cauliflower rice dish that I’ve used in place of couscous to keep the dish low carb. I’ve flavoured it with lemon and added artichokes and olives. A great dish for a summer’s day!
Although I normally cook cauliflower rice in the microwave I thought that I would try to roast it in the oven as that method should get rid of any excess moisture. No more squeezing the cauliflower in my nut bag to an inch of its life. I was so pleased with the result that you should expect a lot more cauliflower rice dishes coming your way!
This method of cooking cauliflower rice came to a consistency close to couscous as you are going to get. I am going to have a play with spices and herbs to this dish!
We have this warm as it was made and also cold the next day. Both were wonderful but if pressed I would lean to the cold version. Probably because the flavours had time to really develop.
Yes, I used tinned artichokes simply because it’s easier than peeling fresh and fresh are not available here. Marinated artichokes will do too. When I make this again I may add some Feta cheese to it too.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 14oz jar of artichokes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 16-20 black olives
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees,
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor.
- Blitz until the cauliflower resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes, stirring through half way.
- In a bowl, add the garlic, olives, parsley, artichokes, lemon juice and rind.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl and stir through.
- Season to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per serving 163 Calories, 9g Fat, 6g Protein, 20g Total Carbs, 12g Fibre, 8g Net Carbs