This recipe for a low carb lemon cheesecake mousse is a quick and easy dessert for Spring. It’s a great light dessert for a dinner party too.
The beauty of this lemon mousse is that can be quickly prepared which is a bonus when you need a dessert with minimal preparation. I have played around with this mousse using berries and cocoa, but the lemon version is my favourite.
Rather than purchasing ground erythritol I grind mine in my coffee blender. This is purely because I have to pay to ship any low carb sweetener and a bag of ground would be a total luxury.
An Easy Dessert
If you were really in a rush and needed a creamy dessert (we’ve all been there, so no judgement) you could simply throw all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk away until everything is blended and smooth. This lemon mousse dessert is really just that simple! Chill for at least 30 minutes and voila! A tasty dessert. This is a great option if you have unexpected guests over too. Or need a simple dessert that doesn’t require hours in the kitchen with 15 different ingredients.
Other Easy Desserts
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cream, whipping or heavy
- 1/2 cup erythritol, ground or low carb sweetener
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the erythritol, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla. Whisk until smooth
- In another bowl whisk the whipping cream until firm peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Chill in the fridge.