A creamy and rich chocolate rum mousse for a holiday or celebration dessert. The great flavour combination of rum and chocolate is perfect for a celebration.
This is a quick and easy keto chocolate mousse that can be made ahead and served later. When serving it, add whipped cream and a dusting of sugar free cocoa powder.
What you need for chocolate rum mousse
This is an easy low carb dessert with just a few ingredients you may already have in the fridge.
- Cream cheese - Bring to room temperature before making the mousse as it helps the mousse be lump free.
- Powdered sweetener - I prefer allulose but any powdered low carb sweetener will work.
- Cocoa - Try to use unsweetened cocoa powder. I like to use Ghirardelli as it's not too bitter.
- Cream - Whipping cream is perfect for this dessert.
- Rum - I use a dark rum as I'm lucky to live in the land of rum and have some great brands to hand. The dark rum goes better with chocolate than a white rum will.
The rum is optional but if you want an alcohol free version, replace the rum with rum extract.
More Low Carb Desserts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Chocolate Rum Mousse
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup allulose any powdered low carb sweetener
- ¼ cup cocoa unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons rum
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add the cream, powdered sweetener, cocoa powder and heavy cream.
- Whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Stir in the rum and taste test.
- Spoon into 6 serving glasses and top with whipped cream (optional).
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.