These easy keto turkey burgers are made with ground turkey and a keto BBQ sauce. Grilled, fried or baked, enjoy these juicy burgers in a low carb bun with a side salad.
Are there carbs in ground turkey?
In addition to being a great source of protein, ground turkey has zero carbs. The carb content for a turkey burger will be the seasonings used and the low carb bun.
How to make Keto Turkey Burgers
This recipe is a simple turkey burger with a homemade low carb BBQ sauce. It's as easy as mixing the ground turkey with the sauce, forming into patties and cooking.
Any additional ingredients such as chopped onion will change the nutritional value. If you want garlic and onions in the burger, cook them in olive oil first, then add to the raw ground turkey with seasoning.
To cook the burgers, you can grill, fry or bake them. Either way they are juicy and full of flavour.
Keto BBQ sauce
A sugar free store bought BBQ sauce could be used for this turkey burger recipe or you can make your own. Making your own is easy and takes minutes to make. Keep a jar in the fridge for other recipes or use it for a dip too. I use my smoky and spicy BBQ sauce recipe.
What to serve with a Turkey Burger
These BBQ turkey burgers were served with low carb onion buns but other buns like the Everything Keto Burger Bun would be a delicious choice.
For a side dish, a coleslaw is always welcome. Try a spicy chipotle coleslaw or a dill pickle coleslaw for a great flavour combination. A side of low carb fries is always welcome. Halloumi Fries or Jicama Fries are delicious.
More low carb burger recipes
Chicken, Lemon & Tarragon Burger
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto BBQ Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ cup Low Carb BBQ Sauce
- Add the turkey and BBQ sauce in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- For extra flavour, marinade the meat mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Form patties and set aside
- Heat a tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the turkey burgers in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until both sides are golden, and the turkey is cooked through. The cooking time with vary with thickness of burger.
- Serve with your toppings, buns and sides of choice.
Leave a Reply