Onion keto burger buns are a great addition to your barbecue or picnic. Low carb buns flavoured with onion and topped with dried onions go great with a burger! They are gluten free and grain free too.
These low carb burger buns are NOT made with a cheesy dough but made with almond flour, psyllium husk powder and oat fiber. Lettuce might be a healthy way to enjoy a burger but sometimes you want the feel of a hearty burger bun in your hands.
How to make low carb burger buns
This is a quick and easy keto burger buns recipe that uses the following ingredients:
- Almond Flour
- Oat Fiber
- Psyllium Husk Powder
- Baking powder
- Onion powder
- Greek Yogurt
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Warm water
It's as easy as mixing the dry ingredients, then in a separate bowl mix the wet. Add them together to form your keto burger buns.
Try them with a Portobello Mushroom Burger or BBQ chicken burger.
Wet your hands to form the buns as the dough can be sticky.
If you don't have oat fiber, you can omit it. I like to add it to my low carb baking to reduce some of the nut flour. You might need to increase the almond flour though.
The buns can be frozen if you have any leftover. Store them in a ziplock bag and defrost when you want another burger bun.
More low carb buns recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Onion Low Carb Burger Buns
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat fiber
- 1 tablespoon 9g psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 medium eggs
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon dried onions for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl place all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy.
- Spoon in the yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Sprinkle the apple cider vinegar over the dough and mix into a dough.
- Add the warm water a tablespoon at time until you have a smooth dough. You may not need all 4 tablespoons.
- Using damp hands, section the dough into 4 and form 4 burger buns.
- Place the burger buns on the baking tray and sprinkle the dried onions on the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and firm.
Leave a Reply