If you are looking for a lemon tarragon chicken recipe, try these easy low carb burgers. A simple burger with a well balanced flavour that can be enjoyed with or without a low carb burger bun.
Every now and again the Chief Taster gets a treat and I will cook him meat. This week's treat was a chicken burger. It was very easy to make and he enjoyed the flavours.
He declared them moist and tasty. I used chicken breasts but you could use ground chicken instead. It is as easy as throwing everything into a blender, press a button, them make some burger shapes. Cook and voila! A happy husband!
Chicken burger tips
I've tested this with both dried and fresh tarragon and the Chief Taster gave the thumbs up to both. A bit of the lemon juice is added to the pan after cooking the burgers. If you want to grill or bbq your burgers, just sprinkle on the lemon juice directly.
What to serve these lemon tarragon chicken burgers with
This recipe finishes cooking the chicken burger in a lemon sauce which is poured over the burgers to serve. You could opt to serve the lemon sauce on the side, add it to mayonnaise for a dip or sauce with the burger.
Serve them inside a low carb burger bun or just as they are with a salad and a side of coleslaw. The Feta Lemon Coleslaw makes a particularly great side dish with these chicken burgers.
Other chicken burger recipes to enjoy
Chicken Lemon Tarragon Burgers
- 1 lb chicken, ground
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tarragon fresh preferable
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place half of the lemon juice, the chicken, tarragon, onion, salt, pepper and lemon rind in a food processor and blitz or pulse until combined.
- Form patties from the meat with your hands. (They can be covered and left in the fridge until required)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and cook the burgers for about 5 minutes each side or until no longer pink in the center, turning over once.
- Remove the burgers from the pan and add the lemon juice. Cook on a high heat for one minute. Pour the sauce over the burgers.
- Serve in a low carb bun or without.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.