Looking for a delicious and low-carb snack? Try these keto tortilla chips made from low carb tortillas. Baked or air fried to crispy perfection with a flavorful blend of spices. Perfect for dipping in your favorite low-carb dips, these chips are a tasty way to satisfy your cravings while staying on track with your keto diet.
These keto tortilla chips are very crunchy and crispy and can be flavored to your own tastes. Enjoy them salty, spicy or plain! Either way, they are an easy low carb and gluten-free snack to make.
I have a few tortilla chips recipes made from low carb vegetables and cheese so thought it's time for an update and make crunchy chips from low carb flour.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Are Tortilla Chips Keto?
Traditional tortilla chips made from corn are not considered keto-friendly because they are high in carbs due to the corn flour used to make them.
The amount of carbs in tortilla chips can vary depending on the brand, size, and type of flour used to make them. Traditional corn tortilla chips typically contain around 15 grams of carbs per 1 oz serving (about 10-12 chips).
Our low carb tortilla chips have just 3 grams net carbs per serving (one tortilla making 8 chips).
We use ready made tortillas for this recipe.
- Keto Tortillas - We used our almond flour tortilla recipe but any low carb tortilla recipe should work. Or if you are lucky enough to have low carb tortillas in your stores you can use them. (Sadly not a thing here yet!)
- Olive Oil - used to brush the tortillas for a crispy texture, avocado oil can be substituted.
- Seasonings - We used salt and cayenne pepper but you can use many other flavorings. We have suggested flavor variations below.
There are plenty of ways to add variety to homemade keto tortilla chips. Here are some flavor variations you can try:
- Spicy: Add some chili powder, cayenne pepper, or hot sauce to the olive oil for a kick of heat.
- Garlic and herb: Garlic powder with dried herbs like basil or oregano, and a pinch of salt are added to the oil to create a savory flavor.
- Smoky: Add a few drops of liquid smoke or smoked paprika to the olive oil for a smoky flavor.
- Ranch: Mix ranch seasoning to the oil.
- Everything bagel: Add everything bagel seasoning to the chips after being brushed with oil for a delicious and savory flavor.
- Taco: Add some taco seasoning to the oil.
- Sweet: Add some cinnamon and a touch of low carb sweetener to the oil for a sweet version of keto tortilla chips.
These easy tortilla chips keep well stored in an airtight container and should last up to 5 days when you need a keto snack. I will confess that's an estimate as they did not last 2 days with us. If you run out, make another batch!
Chips are meant for dipping! However delicious these are by themselves they are perfect for dips and salsa. The salsa in the photo is our pico de gallo recipe, but we also enjoy them with homemade guacamole and cranberry jalapeno dip.
We have many dips to choose from too, but I would recommend the zucchini hummus and the sour cream and chive dip.
These are sturdy chips that can hold a salsa or chunky dip. For a salsa, try a salsa verde or chipotle salsa.
How to Make Keto Tortilla Chips
Cooking your own tortilla chips is easier than you might think. Especially when you have low carb tortillas to hand. Instructions for baking and frying are in the recipe card below too.
Cut the tortilla into 8 triangles with a knife or pizza cutter.
Place on a baking tray, brush with seasoned olive oil.
They can also be made in the air fryer.
Serve with a dip or salsa.
More Keto Chips Recipes
We have other recipes for keto friendly tortilla chips from using vegetables, cheee, low carb flours and fathead dough too.
Broccoli Nacho Chips - Broccoli is added to a mozzarella cheese dough to make vegetable keto nacho chips.
Cheese Tortilla Chips - made in the microwave for quick chips.
Fathead Dough Tortilla Chips - Fathead dough is rolled out in between pieces of parchment paper, cut and baked.
Lupin Flour Tortilla Chips - possibly my favorite keto tortilla chip recipe and a great use of lupin flour.
Zucchini Keto Nachos - another low carb nacho recipe sneaking zucchini into it
Keto Tortilla Chips
- 4 Almond Flour Tortillas or other low carb tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut each tortilla into 8 equal-sized triangles with a pizza cutter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Brush the oil and spice mixture on both sides of each tortilla triangle.
Baking Homemade Chips
- Place the tortilla triangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy. Turn over after 5 minutes for even baking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Serve with your favorite low carb dip, such as guacamole, salsa, or queso.
Air Frying Keto Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Place the tortilla triangles in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy, flipping them halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool for a few minutes.
Leave a Reply