This is another great recipe from Your Lighter Side.com. A great alternative to crisps (chips) with no carbs! Woohoo! I love them with a cheese and chive dip. They are very morish and can be flavoured to your liking.
I recently made up a batch and added dried onion which was lovely. Chilli would be nice for an added bite. They have to be dried out for a while…which it frustrating as I want to eat them as soon as they are baked as the smell of them is just divine. Well, there’s nothing really stopping you eat one or two out of the oven…seems rude not to test them before you offer them to others..
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Mozarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F degrees.
- Grease 2 parchment sheets (on two baking trays)
- Grate the courgette (zucchini) and squeeze all of the excess water out.
- Add the egg and cheese into the grated courgettes (zucchini). Mix well. Flavour if you wish.
- Put the mixture into 6-8 inch circles on the parchment sheets and flatten.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Flip over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Cut into triangles with a pizza cutter.
- Leave to dry out in a cool oven for 6-8 hours (you could use a dehrydrater...but who has one of those? If you do, can I borrow it!). I just leave them in the oven as it cools down. They still turn out fairly crispy.
- Once dried, they can be stored in a container for a week (I know, nothing tasty would last two days in our house!).
- You can add dried seasoning to them once dry too.
- Eat and enjoy!