These keto zucchini nachos are a delicious appetiser or snack. Made with zucchini and cheese they are also gluten free as well as low carb.
If you are missing out on nachos whilst following a low carb diet, try this great low carb zucchini recipe. They are simple to make and can be flavoured to your liking. I like to add a chilli spice but you could happily enjoy them plain.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB ZUCCHINI NACHOS
This easy zucchini recipe requires a zucchini, an egg, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. I used a dried Parmesan, not fresh. Any other spices is up to you. I've made a couple of batches with garlic powder and chilli. Both were delicious for that extra flavour, but these zucchini nachos are enjoyable as they are.
You must ensure that you squeeze as much moisture out of the zucchini before mixing it with the other ingredients. I use a nut bag, but a strong kitchen towel would work too.
The cooling process and waiting to eat them is the hardest part of this recipe. If you have a dehydrator you could try making these low carb nachos in it.
OTHER LOW CARB NACHO RECIPES TO TRY:
Keto Zucchini Nachos
- 1 zucchini medium
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F degrees.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper
- Grate the zucchini and firmly squeeze all of the excess water out. You may want to place the zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 10 minutes to draw out the moisture. Rinse and squeeze the water out.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl, add the beaten eggs, Parmesan & Mozarrella. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking trays and press down evenly.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, then carefully flip over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut into nacho triangles (I use a pizza cutter but a sharp knife will do).
- Place the tray with the cut nachos back in the oven (once it is switched off) and leave them to dry out for 6-8 hours. This helps them go crispy.
- Once dried, store in container, in the fridge for a week.