Healthy low carb and gluten free nachos made with broccoli. Crispy, cheesy and perfect served along with a tasty dip.
The current price of cauliflower where I live has driven me sobbing into the arms of broccoli. A healthy green low carb alternative which is currently soothing my cauliflower needs. I’ve made nacho chips with cauliflower so thought I’d try it with broccoli. It was so delicious I could have eaten the whole batch in one sitting!
I whipped up some guacamole and salsa which went perfectly with them. A great Friday night supper dish, although yelling out “broccoli nachos are ready” may not get the family running in…
Feel free to play around with the spices to suit your tastes. Next time (oh, there will be a next time) I’m going to add more chilli, some cayenne pepper and a dash of cumin. Or some jalapeno powder I’ve recently found . Yum!
Parchment paper is a must. Any other paper will stick to the mixture and you’ll end up scraping it off the paper and making mess. Trust me. The first batch involved an upper arm workout as I scraped the baked mixed off.
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 1 medium head broccoli (180g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (112g) grated Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (50g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional) I like a bit of spice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/450F degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, including the stalks, and place into a food processor. Blitz until the broccoli is small.
- Place the broccoli in a bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix well until combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the parchment paper and spread out evenly with a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and firm.
- Switch off the oven. When the tray is cool enough to handle take the tray out and flip the baked mixture over. Place back in the oven until the oven is cold. This should help crisp the nacho mixture. If it is not as crisp as you would like, put the oven on a low heat and bake for an hour (check to make sure they don't burn though)
- Cut into strips, then into squares and triangles to make the nachos.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info entire recipe : 757 Calories, 26g Fat, 60g Protein, 26g Total Carbs, 6g Fibre, 20g Net Carbs
- Nutrition Information
- Serving size: Per chip Calories: 19 Fat: 1g Net Carbs: 1g Total Carbs: 1g Fibre: 0g Protein: 2g
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes and never miss a recipe! You get a free low carb & gluten free Bread & Baking eCookbook too.
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes