These delicious keto Italian garlic breadsticks are a recipe from the Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook. You will love the taste of these breadsticks and how easy they are to make too.
I’ve been sitting in our garden, enjoying the lovely weather and salivating over the new Easy Keto Cookbook from the lovely and talented Maya Krampf. My book kept opening at the page with the Italian Garlic Breadsticks so that was the first recipe to try.
The craziest reaction in our house to these keto breadsticks is that our dogs went absolutely crazy for them. I’ve never seen such begging as we do not feed our dogs from the table nor give them any of our food (they get their own home-made dog food). Dogs have extra senses that us and my pack was telling me that these keto breadsticks were GOOD!
Keto Bread Sticks
Made from a Fathead dough, they are easy to make and taste as good as any restaurant breadsticks. Even better is that they are only 4g net carbs per serving. Some of mine didn’t get to the final photo as I munched happily on one or two as soon as they came out of the oven. Mine are not as neat as those in the book but just as tasty!
I loved the tip that Maya gave about using oiled hands to hand the Fathead Dough. I've been dealing with sticky hands recently when using Fathead dough, so this was invaluable!
Other Low Carb Breadsticks to Bake
More Keto Recipes in The Easy Keto Cookbook!
Keto Italian Garlic Breadsticks
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 6 ounces almond flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- In a bowl add the mozzarella and cream cheese. Melt in the microwave for 90 seconds, stir halfway through to ensure even melting.
- Add the beaten egg, garlic powder, baking powder and almond flour and mix into a dough, making sure all ingredients are combined well.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. This helps firm it and reduces the stickiness.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal portions. Using oiled hands, roll each portion into a bread stick shape about 6 inches long and 1 inch thick. Place the bread stick on the baking tray and repeat the remaining dough balls.
- Brush the tops of the bread sticks with the melted butter, then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and salt.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information